Friday, May 17, 2013

It is finished...

As I am looking at the last few milliliters of Rituxin in the IV bag, the words "It is finished" flash like fireworks across my mind. All day today I have had a more positive feeling.  On the first day of this round they handed me a schedule for "the next round" in October, and I had to remind them that this was it, the last maintenance round.  I won't be back in the chair in October.  The IV machine beeps and Jesse, one of the RNs comes over and says "Done" before removing the bag from the stand and unhooking the tubing from my arm. Then removing the needle from the vein and clipping the ID tag from my wrist, she wraps the cotton ball over the tiny hole with coban and says, "you are free."

It is likely, she or one of the other nurses has used those same words on any of the other 15 days I have been in for an infusion in the last 2 years.  Like a whisper that your not sure you really heard.  They just didn't have much weigh before.  Some how, today, they seem more real.  Tasting and swallowing that cool refreshing water, the mirage has become real.  What is hoped for has come true.

My reason says that there are many possibilities in the future, this likely is not the end of my cancer  experience. Materially, in this world it is yet to happen.  Yet...

...It is finished.

I am not even sure why, but for some reason, there seems to be a significance here, beyond my reason.

A gnawing...

...a knowing beyond my reason...

...telling me that those words have a meaning beyond their daily use in our language.

Like so many truely spiritual things, they don't make sense, they may not even show up on the radar until we get there.  And we can't explain it to others until we look back, and even then, the explanation, the words do not convey the realness of the experience.  Very little words need to be said for those who have been there...a knowing smile may be all that is needed.  A shower in a mountain falls, the green flash before the sunset, the oppressive weight of the stars on a moonless night above treeline in the wilderness, the smile, indelibly creasing the face after floating through waist deep powder.

I am not looking back yet, I have no reasonable, cognitive explanation... the knowing is deeper than that.

"It is finished," is the trailhead to reality.

1 comment:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called Dr Imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in  2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how  i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email                      drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or  / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
     herbal cure for, FEVER, BODY PAIN, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER,  BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE,  PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, BULIMIA DISEASE,   INFLAMMATORY JOINT DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS,  SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL  SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B.  DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE,  CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE,  NEOPLASMS, MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL DISORDER, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete